Employment Opportunity-Water Treatment Plant Operator
Water Treatment Plant Operator
Town of Yadkinville Employment Opportunity Job Posting
Job Title: Water Treatment Plant Operator
Location: Town of Yadkinville; Yadkinville, NC
Contact Person(s): Michael Koser, Town Manager and
Jacob Swaim, Public Works Director
Telephone number: 336-679-8732/336-679-2990
Address to send application or apply online:
- Applicants can submit a resume/cover letter in confidence to Town Manager, PO Drawer 816, Yadkinville NC 27055, or you may email Michael Koser at email@example.com.
- "Online Application" at www.cognitoforms.com/TownOfYadkinville/TownOfYadkinvilleEmploymentApplication
General Statement of Duties:
Performs responsible operational, laboratory, and maintenance functions in a water treatment plant.
An employee in this class performs a variety of operational, laboratory, and maintenance duties designed to produce safe treatment of potable water. Work is performed on an assigned or rotating shift. Work includes monitoring the plant's operation through observation, mechanical readings and the results of standard chemical and biological tests and to make necessary adjustments in the process as conditions or test results dictate. Other duties include performing standard laboratory duties and tests and assisting with plant and facilities maintenance. Work also includes substantial record keeping of work activities. Employees are subject to hazards associated with water treatment and plant operations including working both inside and outside environments, in extreme hot and cold weather, and exposure to various hazards such as loud noises, moving mechanical parts, electrical current, chemicals, fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, poor ventilation, and working in small spaces. Workers may be required to wear respirators when working around chlorine tanks. Work is performed under general supervision and reviewed by observation, conference, and reviewing records for adherence to operations standards, instructions, and safety practices.
Additional Job Duties:
Performs related duties as required.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and hearing.
- Must be able to perform medium work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must possess the visual acuity to read gauges, dials, and observe moving parts of machines, and record and review written records.
Desirable Education and Experience:
Graduation from high school supplemented by course work in chemistry or biology and some experience in the operation and maintenance of machinery and equipment, preferably in a water treatment plant; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possession of a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain CDL’s if applicable.
- Ability to obtain North Carolina water operator's grade C surface, within 12 months of hire date. The employee will remain on probation until certification is achieved.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary Grade 12: $31,028 - $38,785 (depending on experience and qualifications) and a competetive benefits package.
Position is non-exempt.
Position Open until filled and can close without notice.
For a full job description see link.
Water Treatment Plant Operator Full Job Description