IMPORTANT CITIZEN NOTIFICATIONS (Facilities, Garbage, and Other Information)
TO ALL TOWN OF YADKINVILLE CITIZENS:
The Town of Yadkinville appreciates your cooperation. We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause as we value our citizens. Stay healthy and safe during this time of uncertainty.
- Republic Services requests that trash bags be securely located within the cart provided due to possible contamination/exposure of their employees to the COVID-19 virus. Please place your cart/recycling bin in a place accessible to the garbage truck to ensure pickup. (Monday Pickup-East Side of Highway 601 and Tuesday Pickup-West Side of Highway 601 and Downtown Business).
- REVISED 9/14/2020: Effective immediately, Bulk Item Pickup has been reinstated; pickup will begin Wednesday, September 23, 2020.
Another option for disposal is the Yadkin County Landfill, located at 1149 Landfill Road off of Sugartown Road; hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Please note the changes in our Leaf Pickup Policy: Leaves must be collected in CLEAR PLASTIC BAGS only and NOT TO EXCEED 50 Gallons in size. Place bags near the edge of the street pavement and DO NOT BLOCK hydrants, meters, or mailboxes. Bags may only contain leaves. Town Hall staff does not need to be contacted for leaf pickup.
- REVISED 9/4/2020-Phase 2.0/REVISED 10/2/2020-Phase 3.0: The Yadkinville Community Park playground, picnic shelters, and bathrooms reopened Friday, September 4, 2020 (Governor's Phase 2.5). Under Phase 3.0, no more than 100 people at a given time can utilize the park and its facilities. Please exercise cleaning practices for your protection and fellow citizens and follow the CDC and Phase 3.0 Guidelines. Hand sanitizers will be available for your convenience at the park shelter close to bathrooms. Weekly COVID-19 cleaning and sanitation are being conducted for your protection.
- REVISED 8/3/2020/REVISED 11/18/2020: All Town facilities continue to be closed to the public as emphasized by the "Safer at Home" order for the safety of our employees. THE PAYMENT WINDOW AT TOWN HALL WILL BE CLOSED BEGINNING MONDAY, NOVEMBER 23rd, AS COVID-19 CASES CONTINUE TO RISE IN OUR COUNTY. The Town offers several payment options: night deposit box located next to the drive-through window (please make sure envelopes are sealed and all account information is accurate to ensure proper posting), credit card via telephone, "Pay My Bill" located on our website, online bill pay through customer's bank, mail, or bank draft. All fees will continue to be temporarily waived. For inquiries, please contact the Town staff Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by calling (336) 679-8732.
- REVISED 7/29/2020: All RESIDENTIAL water accounts that are scheduled for cut-off for non-payment are no longer suspended per Executive Order 121 and Executive Order 142. Please contact Town Hall to set-up a payment plan for past due balances incurred from April 1st to July 29th.
-On March 31, 2020, the Governors Executive Order 124 mandated the suspension for sixty (60) days ending May 31, 2020.
-Governor's Executive Order 142 effective May 30, 2020, placed a utility shutoff moratorium for an additional sixty (60) days (March 31, 2020, to July 29, 2020).
-Effective July 30, 2020, Executive Order 124 and 142 suspending disconnections for municipal utilities were terminated.
- The Town of Yadkinville encourages all citizens to be a good neighbor while visiting businesses within the Corporate Limits of Town and to abide by Governor Roy Cooper's requests. Furthermore, we strongly emphasize wearing of masks to limit exposure to the COVID-19 virus.
- For emergencies, please dial 911.