LIMB PICK UP
The Town of Yadkinville will pick up limbs on the 2nd Wednesday of every month. For citizens who have trees or limbs down due to unavoidable circumstances, such as weather, limbs will be mulched as time and manpower permits. The Town will not guarantee a time when limbs will be picked up. Call (336) 679-8732 to schedule a pickup. You must call the Tuesday before the scheduled pick up date. Calls made the day of pick up will be scheduled for the following pick update.
Please observe the following guidelines for limb pick up:
- The limb pile size must be no larger than 8 feet wide by 8 feet long by 6 feet high. (see chipping diagram below).
- The limb diameter can be no larger than 4 inches.
- The Town DOES NOT accept shrubbery or anything with root mass still attached to the limb, which may contain rocks or other objects that might damage the equipment.
- Limb piles must be free of briars, vines, and loose leaves.
- Limbs must be piled neatly on your property near the road with the large diameter end facing the road. (see chipping diagram below).
- Brush created by contracted businesses or brought in from other communities WILL NOT be removed or chopped by the Town.
- Chipping service is for maintenance of resident’s properties ONLY. The Town WILL NOT chip limbs from residents clearing the property.
- The Town will provide the service on a first-come-first-service basis. If your limbs are not picked up and the workers have put in 8 hours of chipping, then your limbs will be scheduled for the next month's pick up.
- If any of these guidelines are not followed the items will NOT be collected.
The diagram above illustrates the brush chipping guidelines for the Town of Yadkinville customers. Brush piles MUST MEET these measurements as diagrammed above. The larger ends must be toward the street a minimum of 4' (feet) off the edge of the pavement. Please note anything larger than the stated dimensions many not get chipped for the month.