Corona Virus (COVID-19)
TO ALL TOWN OF YADKINVILLE CITIZENS:
The Town of Yadkinville appreciates your cooperation. We apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause as we value our citizens. Stay healthy and safe during this time of uncertainty.
- Republic Services WILL TEMPORARILY DISCONTINUE picking up trash bags that are not securely located within the cart provided due to possible contamination/exposure of their employees to the COVID-19 virus. Please place your cart/recycling bin in a place accessible to the garbage truck to ensure pickup. (Monday Pickup-East Side of Highway 601 and Tuesday Pickup-West Side of Highway 601 and Downtown Business).
- Effective immediately, Bulk Item Pickup will be temporarily suspended. The Yadkin County Landfill is located at 1149 Landfill Road off of Shacktown Road; hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- The Yadkinville Community Park playground, picnic shelters, and bathrooms have been closed for the protection of our citizens due to the COVID-19 virus.
- All Town facilities and drive-through window at Town Hall have been closed to the public for the safety of our employees. Payments may be made via the night deposit box located next to the drive-through window (please make sure envelopes are sealed), telephone, "Pay My Bill" located on our website, online bill pay through customer's bank, mail, or bank draft. All fees will be temporarily waived. Please provide accurate account information to ensure proper posting. Contact the Town of Yadkinville staff Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by calling (336) 679-8732 for inquiries.
- All RESIDENTIAL water accounts that are scheduled for cut-off due to non-payment, will be suspended and penalties and late fees waived as approved at the Town Board of Commissioners emergency meeting on March 24, 2020. On March 31, 2020, the Governors Executive Order #124 mandated the suspension for sixty (60) days ending May 31, 2020. Governor's Executive Order #142 effective May 30, 2020, placed a utility shutoff moratorium for an additional sixty (60) days (March 31, 2020 to July 29, 2020).
- The Town of Yadkinville encourages all citizens to be a good neighbor while visiting essential businesses within the Corporate Limits of Town and to abide by Governor Roy Cooper's requests. Furthermore, we strongly emphasize appointing one family member to patronize open businesses to limit exposure to the COVID-19 virus.
- For emergencies, please dial 911.